Monday, December 8, 2008

Optimism abounds...cautiously

I went to my friend's house Saturday, to drop off her Christmas present. I started out by going to the feed store. It is *always* a hair raising experience on a Saturday. Everyone who can't make it during the week comes then. People butt in line and hog the dock, so if you're a polite sort, you get to wait and wait. The kid who was loading grain had an attitude going on. I guess he was pissed because all the other hands were unloading a truck, so he had to load all the customers. Whatever the reason, he was slinging grain around managed to break open three of my bags :( Little turd. Went back and got my alfalfa and headed to my friend's place.

This woman raises thoroughbred hunters. She has some of the prettiest horses I have seen in a long time. I am a little jealous maybe. Of course she actually rides and shows them, so I am not too jealous. My less than stellar show career was over years ago, thank goodness! Anyway, once I pulled into her drive, I realized that I had left her present at home. *sigh* Anyone who knows me knows that this is not surprising. It's ok though. She is close enough that I can go back next weekend. I will take pictures of her horses when I go back. They are just gorgeous.

So we come to the reason for the cautious optimism. The waiting period for creditors has either passed, or is about to pass, and the biggest creditor for my mother's estate, a credit card, has not responded. If they don't respond, we are not obligated to pay them. YAY! That would be such a relief. Now if we could only get the house sold... It'll happen.

1 comment:

Holly said...

fingers crossed!!!