Friday, November 21, 2008

Well hell.

I finally saved up enough money for a new tattoo. I have been itching to have some passionflowers done on my right arm so I won't look so lopsided. So I trundled my butt over to the tattoo shop. The tattoo shop is in the rear of a head shop in Broken Arrow. It is sort of a seedy place, but you just walk through and they don't bother you, so it's ok. I got back there, and there wasn't a soul in the place. I looked around and Lesa's painting was gone.... and so was all of her stuff. Damn. I am not happy. I went to the counter in the head shop and asked where she was. He told me she had been fired and no longer worked there. I made an educated guess of "lateness an missed appointments". He said yes. I was neither shocked nor surprised. She was late a lot. I didn't mind because she does good work, and from what I have gathered, it is pretty typical of tattoo folks to have some quirks. *sigh* She emailed me a while ago and told me that she had finally gotten enough money together to open her own shop. She was not a happy camper working there, but it costs a ton to open your own place, so she had to wait. I told her to let me know when she got set up and I would come by. So now I have to wait until she reads her email, which is not frequently. I don't know what I will do if she doesn't answer me. I definitely am not thrilled about finding a new artist. Not just anyone is going to be allowed to put anything permanent on my frail little body. It is hard to find someone decent. So I will wait... patience is not my forte, but I will try.

1 comment:

Holly said...

that is poopy. Does NOBODY know where she went?