Monday, November 10, 2008

The shoe fairy came!!!




I have been lusting after a couple of pair of shoes on Ebay for about a year. I am such a tightwad that I didn't want to pay $49 a pair for them. I wear them out so fast I hate spending that much on them. So, periodically I search for them, just to look at the pictures... I am such a doofus.


First off, you have to understand that due to having had a pretty bad club foot (and many corrective surgeries), I am very limited in what kind of shoes I can wear. No high heels, no flip flops or clog type things. My knee goes out in high heels, and because of my foot, I can't even begin to keep anything without an enclosed heel on. It also helps of I have ankle support, so I am limited to very low heels, ala Ropers, or flat shoes - like tennis shoes. I look for shoes all the time, and when I find them cheap I throw them in with the rest of the ones waiting to be worn. I am not particular, because everything I wear ends up trashed, so any color is fine with me.

Anyway, back to my story... I finally broke down and paid the $49 + shipping for the two pair I have been looking at for a year, and guess what? They showed up today! YAY! I think I am going to swoon, they are so pretty! I am NOT going to wear these to work. Nope, no way Jose. These are for dress up! LMAO! At least they are sparkly :) Perfect for a Fairy Princess eh? Ohhh Iridescent sparkly love! My Shoes!!! The ones on the right are actually a sort of green with greyish overtones, kind of dusky. Hard to get a good picture. Bliss!




Here are some of my other shoes, just in case you don't have any water to boil, or some other equally engaging task. These little beauties are my current pair of work shoes. They are covered with color, release, sealer, and other assorted icky stuff.

I like Black because it makes my feet look really small! Ha!

Here are the ones i am wearing right now. They are riding sneakers. They are also covered with grunge. Poor things. These are incredibly difficult to find, as nobody makes them any more. I snag a pair every once in a while. Lucky me! I love them, till they are in pieces...and then a while longer.

This is a pair I got off Ebay. When I saw the ad, I missed the part that said they were patent. Even as odd as I am, I find it really difficult to wear patent leather shoes to work on concrete. So they sit in my office, and I look at them. And they shine. I dunno... maybe some day I will wear them. They are awfully dressy for climbing up the ladder on a mixer though.

Here are the doggers inspecting the goods. I think they both approve. They like my work shoes because they have dog hair all over them. Their dog hair. They smell best.


Next, I will show you all my riding sneaks..... Bet you can't wait.....

2 comments:

Holly said...

grin and giggle.

Camille said...

and NO they are NOT MORK shoes... Shame on you KT! SHAME!