Thursday, September 18, 2008

New driveway phase III

Well, for better or worse, it is finally finished. I hate to break my arm patting myself on the back, but we did a great job on this. I am so pleased with it. I only wish that it was the driveway on my (future) new house, instead of the one we are going to sell the first chance we get.

Here are a bunch of before and after shots. First is the cantilever edge on the front porch, stamped and then with stain. This is made so that it looks like stones were laid on the edge of the porch. There is actually a lip that sticks out. It is hard for me to get a good picture.

This is the sidewalk up to the front porch, stained, during sealing and then completed. The sealer makes a huge difference in the appearance.
Here are more before and after pictures

Closeup details
And finally, the whole thing. We have been told this is called "curb appeal". Hopefully it will make someone just have to own this house. I can't wait to get out of this neighborhood.



4 comments:

Holly said...

beautiful stuff Camille. Will the shiny finish stay or gradually wear down?

Camille said...

The shine will wear off slowly. It has already toned down a bit. We can make the sealer flat, but for this we wanted it shiny to attract more attention. Normal wear and tear will dull the shine. Dirt makes tiny scratches like on your eyeglasses. The sealer is still protecting it though.

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that when I first saw the sidewalk part next to the driveway back in the early stages I wasn't a fan. Now that it is stained, the contrast with the driveway is gorgeous! I really love it. You and Bill certainly have a talent for this! Now, sell that house!!!!!
Kristi

Camille said...

You know what? I wasn't so sure of it either before it was stained. Now I wish I could dig it up and move it when we sell the house. Once mom's house is sold, I will move into high gear on getting this one ready. I am afraid if I get the POD and dumpster on the drive it will jinks mom's house selling. I am ready for sure!