Thursday, September 18, 2008

I love dogs


The dogs love to come to the office with us. There is pandemonium every morning at our house. As it gets closer to the time we leave for the office, they get more and more wound up. As we are picking up the things we need to take with us they are streaking back and forth between us and the front door. If it's a day they get to go, they jump up and down at the door. If it isn't, they pull the saddest faces you can imagine. Poor doggies! So abused. HA!


Today they got to come to the office. On the way, I saw a strange creature run out into the street. Mind you, this is a city. There are apartments, houses, businesses...paved roads... I was about two blocks away, but I could tell that the creature moved strangely. It had very long legs and was bounding like a small deer. Hmmm. Maybe someone had an exotic mini deer of some sort that got out. As I got closer, the animal had stopped in the middle of the road and was looking back and forth. I was close enough to see it now. It was a red fox. Monkey saw it too, and determined in what passes for a brain, that it must die - NOW! He flung himself out the window opening barking viciously. Fortunately for us all, he wears a riding harness that is buckled to the seat belt. Of course his cheerleader was egging him on, even though she didn't have the slightest idea of what she was barking at. She is too short to see out of the truck. We made it to the shop without any further trouble :)


The were went outside with me while I took pictures of the man eating passion flower buds. Monkey thinks that he owns the world. The world includes the boarding kennel across the street. He always tells people to move along. They never listen.

Here he is sneaking up on the people across the street. Did I mention how silly he is?


Monkey is such a fun dog. He loves to run and bark. He is so willing to learn, and he loves his people. What a pleasure he is.

How sad is this? He hates going back inside. He does it because we ask him to, but that doesn't mean he has to like it :(

My mother in law's dog comes to the office every day. She is a Jack Russel Terrorist, er terrier. Her name is Emmalina, Emmy for short. I call her Stinky Butt because she has a 'tude. She is a law unto herself. She doesn't mind very well mostly. She will mind me, but that is because I demand it. Otherwise, she mostly ignores people. It is amusing. This is Emmalina. She is a very intense little dog. She has issues ;) She and Rosie love each other. It's all good. They have an understanding and it works for them.

Here is the queen. She is my girl. I love her face. She had an eye doc appointment yesterday. He is pleased with her continuing progress, and we don't have to bring her back for three months. Her meds for the ulcerated eye have been cut back to once a day! YAY! She is definitely, for all her small stature, a bulldog. If you push, she pushes back...harder. If you ask, and she feels like it, she might do it. She does come when we call her, and she doesn't wander, so I am content to leave her be. I love her the way she is.

Here are all of them together. They mostly get along. When there is an issue, it is almost always because Blondie is guarding her goodie pile. She will actually bring a goodie with her so that she has something to guard. Fortunately she cannot bite, so we don't get too excited about it.

I love my dogs. They make life worth living....

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love my dogs too. Sarah and I were just talking about what kind of dog she and Rob should get when they can finally have a dog. She is really thinking mini aussie because she likes the variety of coat colors, the size (though that is not a guarantee) and the ability to keep up with and go on hikes with them. How big is your guy?

Camille said...

He is on the tall end of the mini's. He is 17 inches tall. He looks bigger than he is because of all the hair. When he is wet he is kind of pathetic looking. Tell Sarah that they have tons of hair, and they get horrible mats. I had forgotten about the hair when we got him. We shaved him for the summer, and probaly will do that every year.

A lot of the mini breeders have introduced other breeds to take the size down. Monk looks all aussie, but we have seen others that have King Charles heads, or look distinctly like cockers. An online friend of mine said that Monkey's bloodlines were good. All I know is that he is a very good dog. I would buy another from the breeder tomorrow.