Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kim's art


I mentioned that my sister Kim is an artist. I know I am biased, but I think she is very talented. She made me a couple of pictures of Baxter...with glass! They are so awesome. I emailed her some pictures, and she transformed them into glass. Here is the first one.

She is not a horse person really. She likes them, but she has not lived and breathed horses like I have. I was so pleased when I got them. I would love to see what she could do with paint. Glass has to be a harder medium I'd think, of course I have no way of knowing. All I know about working with molten glass is that I'd likely burn the shit out of myself and end up with a tragic mess.

Here is the second one. I love them both, but I think I like this one best.

I am working up to twisting her arm for a portrait of Susie. I must have at least a face with those infamous ears. I need to think up a good bribe :-)

1 comment:

Camille said...

The pictures don't do these justice. They are large heavy pieces that she framed in shadowboxes with glass, so it is nearly impossible not to get glare, and it *is* impossible to show the details. They are really amazing.