Sunday, March 2, 2008

Well now....



What exactly *is* a Fairy Princess Concrete Finisher? (FPCF for short, AKA Stamp Monkey) According to my beloved husband, it's someone who is napping in the truck while all the guys on the crew are busy digging footings, or setting forms. It is also someone who can sleep through practically anything, the one exception being the slamming of a dump truck bed. Further, the FPCF is most often the only woman on an entire construction site. She is a novelty, and source of amazement (or merely amusement) to the other workers. I usually don't do much of the prep work on the job. My main function is to imprint the concrete. I also do some finishing...concrete finishing ;) I am good at what I do. Here are a couple of pictures of the finished product.


This is a parking and entry way we did for a friend of mine, Dr. Randy Sohl in Mounds. He is a great vet, and we wanted to do something special for him. The parking area is done out of running bond brick, and the sidewalk and entry are rock texture with lots of critter prints and some maple leaves. Randy provided us with some of the prints we used, including the mule feet, and a coati mundi! Unfortunately, we only got a rear footprint on the coati, so it looks like he was hopping, but it is really cute :-). We stained the curbs to give it a little contrast, and make sure people knew they had to stop there. Hey, sometimes people aren't very sharp! He was very pleased with the results. He said we were artists! Aww shucks Mr... :)


Later, I will tell you what sort of being would choose to do this kind of work!


Camille

2 comments:

Holly said...

Camille! I'm so glad you have started this! Have you visited my blog?

themares.blogspot.com

Camille said...

I have. I love it :)