Monday, March 31, 2008

More of our work...

I have a bazillion and a half pictures. I am going to post them all today! Did I scare you?



Yorkstone Slate. Nice smooth texture for patios and sidewalks!


Here is a closeup detail of the optical illusion sample. I love the colors in this piece.


This is our shellstone pattern. Can you see the starfish and the sea horse? This is an especially nice pattern for around a pool deck. Very cute!



Here are more of the display samples we have at our shop. We make them on days when we don't have anything else to do! Fun to experiment with pattern and color.




This is a permanent sample walk on the side of our shop. It has several patterns in different colors so people can make informed decisions on a pattern and color.



These are pots we made to put along Route 66 as it runs through Tulsa. They are two feet square and weigh abou t 600 lbs each. A lot of merchants on Route 66 have all kinds of symbols painted on their buildings. They were excited to have these planters by their businesses. These look pretty cool when they are planted with bright flowers. They are spread through the city.



Speaking of Route66, here is a picture of the finished symbol on our building. You can see it a long way away! People come to our shop and ask if we are the museum LOL


We had a customer with a very important project that wanted to see samples. They could only come look on a Saturday. Of course, it was raining, so we laid out over 75 of our small samples in our shop. Here is a small sample of what he saw.



Here were the final 3 choices for that project. This one has two different colors in the plain fields and hand tinted stones on the borders. One border is brown shades, and the other is grays. Both look nice to me



This is the third choice, and what they finally decided on for the project. This is Russet Running Bond Cobblestone with a field of cream Coquina stone. We ended up doing over fifty thousand square feet of this pattern on the project. It is the biggest project we have done to date, and took most of a summer.

Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take any pictures, so the only picture I have is one I found on the internet, and here it is. I guess they couldn't stop folks flying over and shooting pictures :-) Our concrete work is on the right hand side with the fountain in the middle. That is the motor court. Maybe some day I will find the one that shows the 700 foot long drive.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absoutely LOVE your work! I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with you. Hope todays storms missed you.
Kristi

Camille said...

Hey Kristi!

Glad to hear from you :) We got a butt ton of rain, but nothing serious. Everyone there ok? Did you get rain?

C

Anonymous said...

We were under a tornado warning from 4 til 5. It fell apart 13 miles from us thank God. Scary stuff. You guys stay safe and keep up the blogging. I love it!
Kristi

Camille said...

I am glad you guys got missed. It's going to rain more up here. I am not going to complain. It will make the grass grow :)

I am kind of addicted to the blog now. I hope I can keep it up!