Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More proof I am crazy!

I took the day off today. I take the day off for my birthday every year. Except this year I was sick so it didn't count, and I am pretending that today is my birthday! I had a tattoo started around Christmas, and between work, and being sick for quite a while I haven't had an opportunity to have it finished, and it's been annoying me. Fortunately, it's on my back, and since I have very long hair, I don't see it often to be reminded that I can't get my stuff together long enough to have it finished. Today I have an appointment to have it finished! YAY! The only problem is that I also have a farrier appointment today. I looked at my schedule before I booked the tattoo, and I had written down my farrier appointment on the wrong day. Craig, the farrier, knows me well enough to call early on the day of the appointment. I am scatterbrained, and forget things. Now in addition to forgetting, I have to add putting things on the wrong day in my appointment book! Sheesh.

I love my farrier. He is good with the horses, and doesn't look at me like I grew a third eye if I ask him a question, or make a request or suggestion. He has been shoeing for me for about 4 years or so. He is so accommodating. It is really nice to have an excellent farrier that will come out for one or two horses in the far reaches of nowhere. I am lucky. Fortunately he could switch times and is coming early. Thank you Craig! Please don't fire me. I promise I'll do better!

I will post pictures of my tattoos later. They are the girliest thing about me. Horses and flowers and fairies :-) My mother loved them, and had she been younger, I have no doubt she would have been there with me at the tattoo shop having her own done. I can imagine hummingbirds and flowers. The current one is a fairy that she particularly loved. More later. Right now I have to go stuff down some food so I don't pass out during the tattoo. So undignified and messy!
Camille

No comments: