Monday, March 3, 2008

Here I am!



Here I am in all my glory. Well OK not glory exactly, but indulging in my first love. This is Emmett. He is an off the track thoroughbred. He could only run fast enough to hurt himself, but he sure trots pretty. He has a new home with a charming young teenager. They show in the hunter shows. I am glad he went to such a good home.


Here are the current loves of my equine life. Baxter is the big boy with the blue eyes, and Susie is his Nanny. It's a love hate thing with them, but take one away, and the other screams like someone was committing murder!
Baxter is going to be 3 this year. He is deaf, which makes him a very interesting horse to deal with. He is not afraid of anything, including tractors, roto-tillers, and tarps. He is also very defensive of his pasture. He will chase anything, including coyotes and wild turkeys. Turkeys are Satan spawn to most horses, and cause histrionics worthy of a B movie starlet, but not with Baxter. When everyone else is running away like someone lit their tails on fire, he is running to see what's causing all the fuss. He will chase turkeys right out of his pasture, and if they refuse to leave, he will stomp them. Handy that! I never worry about stray dogs running The Nanny with him there. You can see his antics with his barrel on Youtube. Put Baxter and Barrel in the search to see some really funny stuff.

Susie, AKA The Nanny is 23 this year. I got her from my wonderful friend Diana. Susie is the perfect companion for Baxter. She won't take any crap from him, but she is not the type to run him around either. She is enjoying her semi-retirement raising the impudent twerp. She is a wonderful old girl and I adore her. Thanks Diana!

Hope you enjoy the pictures :)

Camille

No comments: