Monday, August 11, 2008

Passion

Passion is a flower. A passionflower to be specific. It is one of the strangest blooms imaginable.

These are blooms on the plants at my mother's house. Earlier this summer, we went over there and dug up a couple of plants and moved them to our office. They died back and we were afraid they were done. Fortunately they are hardy little boogers and have come back well. They have not bloomed yet, but I expect they will before the frosts come.We planted them along the fence. They will grow up and cover it with sweet smelling flowers. What a nice reminder of mom.

They will go well with the other flowers we have planted around the office. My mother in law planted a golden trumpet vine a couple of years ago. She was pretty disappointed that it didn't bloom, or do much of anything really. This year, it finally started blooming, and she is thrilled. It is a pretty flower.

We also have morning glories. They are so pretty. Such vibrant colors.

We have planted a lot of things around the shop. We are lazy, and plant periennials because they come back, or things that re-seed themselves :) We have a lot of zinnias, hibiscus, and four o'clocks. I love them all. I am all about bright colors, and they have them. See the little visitor?

Here are some more of the flowers around the office.








4 comments:

Lazy A Ranch said...

I want that passion flower, it it so beautiful. Is it a shrub or what?

Camille said...

No, it is a vine. It grows pretty fast, and is hardy here. There are different varieties. I have another one that I don't think is hardy and the bloom is a bit different. There is a wild variety that grows around here that is also different, not so loud.

Paige said...

I like the color of the trumpet thing

I bought two hibiscus trees this year in pots and they died straightaway. I need to pitch them

Camille said...

LOL I have gotten those before. You need to look for the hardy ones. They seem to do better even if it is just for summer. We have several here that come back every year. They are pretty :)