Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Farrier day again

Craig and John came today. They are my farrier and his apprentice. I think that he is a really great farrier. Craig trims Baxter, and John does Susie. I was a little afraid that Baxter might be a pill. He has only been trimmed once since he hurt his hock. He has also been difficult to catch since then. Of course we had to have one little go-round, but he figured out that it was much better to wear a halter and eat cookies than it was to run in circles in the heat. Smart boy!

He was very good for Craig. No pulling or yanking his feet away. He actually closed his eyes. Good BOY! Susie was good, as always. She is such a sweet girl. I know I have said this before, but she makes my heart happy. I adore her.

I have decided that we are going to call John *Ian*. It is much less mundane. I am thinking about renaming all my friends. This could be fun.

No comments: