Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Drive is done

YAY! My new driveway and walks are done. We poured both of the walks yesterday. I think they look great.

This is the walk down the side of the drive to the porch. Bill is not 100% happy with it, but I think it's great. He is such a perfectionist :-P



Here it is going to the street and the mail box.


The sidewalks and borders on the driveway were stamped without any color. What you see is the release we use. We are going to seal the plain broomed concrete fields later this week. Then we will wait about a month or so and we will stain the walks and borders the same color as the mailbox post. This is going to look cool.

This is the sidewalk on my side of the drive. Bill made the curb pretty high, so I can't jump off the side any more. His big old avalanche hogs the driveway, and he makes fun of me for driving on the grass. He can bite me!

Here is my StampMonkey seal of approval!

I can't wait till it is stained. It is going to be very pretty.

We had a visitor yesterday. He was enjoying the new porch!

5 comments:

Paige said...

It is gorgeous. It is amazing how finished that can make a place look.

I so need that work at my house.

Camille said...

I really like it. Bill did a good job of designing something that would be nice but not too foofoo. In a perfect world, I would have a really nice house with a fancy drive/porch/patio, and a honking big assed barn with stamped concrete in it... I will settle for a humble house with a gravel drive... for now :-)

I would not mind coming up there and doing a driveway for your house. The question would be when. We are getting ready to have a really busy few months...then winter :(

Holly said...

I LOVE it! Great job.

Holly said...

Bee oo tea ful!

Camille said...

Thanks Holly! I can't wait to stain it. It will really look great then. You will be shocked at how different it looks :)