Thursday, August 28, 2008

...dust in the wind


I have no idea why this song makes me feel better, as it's a sort of melancholy song. Maybe because I like the band so much. For the last week, I seem to hear it at least once a day while I am driving my truck. I am sure it gets played all the time on the stations I listen to, and I just haven't paid attention. I guess I am just a little sensitive right now.

I am great at stuffing things. It is a good self defense mechanism. The only trouble with stuffing something is eventually the receptacle into which you have stuffed stuff gets overstuffed. I fear this is close to happening now. At least I will have a long weekend to get my shit together....


I close my eyes

Only for a moment,

then the moment's gone

All my dreams

Pass before my eyes, a curiosity

Dust in the wind

All they are is dust in the wind

Same old song

Just a drop of water in an endless sea

All we do

Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind

All we are is dust in the wind, ohh

Now, don't hang on

Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky

It slips away

And all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind

All we are is dust in the wind

Everything is dust in the wind....


(Kansas)

4 comments:

Paige said...

It is melancholy, but I like it too.

But better I not hear it today. You too, I bet

Holly said...

it is a beautiful melody. A classic.

Camille said...

Fortunately, I didn't happen on it that day. Did you? Hope you are doing well. That is a big loss for you.

Camille said...

It is a beautiful song. I have always loved it.