Monday, April 7, 2008

And in the greenhouse



The greenhouse is alive with Mom's favorite colors. The orchids have mostly finished, and gone on to a new home, but there are plenty of other things blooming. They aren't as showy, but the colors are so vivid that they are hard to ignore. Many of the plants are over 30 years old. She always loved odd things (she really loved me a lot!). I think that is why she had so many succulents in the greenhouse. They go for years just sitting there, and suddenly they bloom, just when you think they are dead, like this weird thing.



It is sheer stubbornness that I haven't gotten rid of the greenhouse plants. I think they will be the last thing to go. When they are gone, I will finally have to admit that she is gone too. I am not ready yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are simply gorgeous! Your mother certainly had a talent.
Kristi

Camille said...

They were all that mattered to her in the last few years. All of her old friends had gone. A lot of the plants were from her friends. She loved them.