Sunday, January 25, 2009

Monkey wrangler!

The past two weeks have been very busy for us. We *finally* got to start the big job that we have been waiting on over a year. We made some pretty big pours, and man did it beat me down. My right knee was as big as a good sized grapefruit. These tools require you to walk a lot. In order to get good texture you have to take little tiny steps all over the things. They are about 4' x 4', so you can imagine stepping back and forth to cover that area probably a thousand times in a pour. My knee does not like this. Taking little tiny steps is hard on my knee and hips both. It is really just exhausting. It is also dirty and there is no time to eat once you start, so you get very tired. I am thinking that I'm too old for this shit.

Enter "the boys". We have two kids working for us that are around 18. They do not know how to finish concrete. In fact, when they try, they mess up more than they fix which means that Bill or I have to constantly go behind them and fix what they screw up. I finally decided that instead of watching me work, they should get their bony asses out there and do something... So I had them get on the tools, and let them wear themselves out doing what I usually do. Between the two of them, they managed to do a fairly good job, only making a couple of mistakes.

So now, in addition to being the StampMonkey, I am also a Wrangler for StampMonkeysInTraining. Thank doG. I am going to work their little asses off while I stand around and watch. I am incredibly stupid for not making them do this before. All this time they have been picking their noses while someone old enough to be their mother works till she drops...now it's their turn. Bwaaaahahahahaha! Pictures to follow :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

it's about time you got to be supervisor! Get them boyz working!
Probably the best way for them to learn is to do it?