Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Roses roses....







Anyone remember that perfume? Avon used to sell it. I have no idea if it is still available, but it was my mother's favorite. I found some while we were going through her things, and it immediately brought back good memories :)

I don't know that she really had a favorite flower, since she loved them all. If you judge by percentage, the things planted around her house, I think roses were probably her favorite. They are blooming now. Her favorite color was pink, so various shades of pink prevail, with a few yellows and oranges thrown in for good measure.


This one is my favorite. I have always loved things that were multi colored. Most of these are miniature roses and the blooms are tiny, around an inch to two inches for the biggest ones.


This is one of the few full sized roses. It is an old old one that she transplanted 25 years ago. It smells heavenly.

4 comments:

Lazy A Ranch said...

I LOVE flowers too! You got some really good shots here.

Holly said...

they are beautiful. There is nothing like the smell of a rose

Camille said...

She sure made some nice gardens. I love them all.

Elly'sMom said...

I love roses myself. I have one similar to the pnk/ yellow multi colored rose you have. It's about 17 yrs old now. "They" can't kill it, thankfully. It puts out full sized beautiful flowers every year. Very fragrant and always full and pretty.

Your mom had a green thumb. Those flowers are beautiful.