Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Great... just great.

I demand to know whose fricking brilliant idea the switch to digital TV was??? I demand to know! I want to be able to personally smack them upside their head with something smelly and disgusting. I am sooo not a happy camper.

Let me explain why I am so unhappy. The local CBS affiliate has always broadcasted over the radio as well as the TV. For the last oh, say...20 years, I have listened to this broadcast at work. I started when I worked at the barn, and just out of habit, continued right up till 1:00pm yesterday. At that time, the local station went ahead and changed over to digital. They apparently have not made any provisions to continue the radio broadcasts, despite the fact that a lot of people listen to them during emergencies when the power goes off. This is so ironic, because they stated the reason for not waiting until June, which is the government deadline, was because that is severe weather time here, and they did not want to risk being off the air during a weather emergency. Bah!

What am I gonna do now?? NO weather for when we are out on a job. No news! No SOAPS!!! I am sitting here listening to "Fire and Rain" on the radio. Every 10 seconds, I reach over and start to change it to the TV broadcast, only to remember it is GONE! In place of my regularly scheduled The Young and the Chestless, is some idiot telling people how to hook up their black box, which is then repeated in spanish...over and over. This is serious. How can I have a decent Stampmonkey Nap (tm) without being able to drift off to someone being murdered, having an affair with their ex's dead brother, or having a miracle baby pop out of a 93 year old woman?? I am asking you HOW? I am jonesing for a fix... My head aches. I think the shakes are starting. What-to-do-what-to-d0???

I have written an email to the person in charge of such things at the TV station. Perhaps they will realize the real importance of this. Seriously, I do wonder if they considered just how many people rely on the radio during bad weather, which indeed is coming fast.

I wonder if any of the teeny portable TV's will get digital signals????

4 comments:

Holly said...

CRISIS! It's a damn crisis i tell you!!!

Lazy A Ranch said...

I hate that they are changing everything over too! Why do they have to reinvent the wheel, TV already worked just fine the way it was.

Camille said...

It IS I tell ya! The nice lady wrote back saying they were persuing getting a new station for the radio... geebus I hope they hurry... I feel faint!

Camille said...

I don't get it either. Seems like a way for the electronics people who supply the converters to make huge bucks :(

I can't get over the irony of them switching now because of weather when people depend on that radio for bad weather... funny that!