Sunday, October 12, 2008

Colors of fall

I went to mom's house to water today, and got some pictures of a few of the things in her gardens that are turning colors. I can't remember what the name of this is, but it is pretty. Purple/blue berries that last till late in winter.














This is an Elkhorn Sumac. It's not much to look at in spring or summer, but it really turns on the color in fall.









This is a variegated dogwood tree. In summer the leaves are greens and yellow. It turns a vivid red in fall, along with the seeds. Very pretty!






I think fall is my favorite season. The colors are so vivid, and when the trees turn the hills look like they are on fire. The trees should start turning soon....

Here are a few pictures of the plants in my garden. I love the blanket flower. My favorite colors!

Japanese Maple and wild grapevine!

Jalapenos - HOT!

Purple Petunias. They smell sooo good!

4 comments:

Holly said...

fall is a favorite of mine too. And Sarahs. And Amandas. And Courtneys. And....

Beautiful photos!

Camille said...

I can't wait till the trees turn. I am going to groom for Joleen next weekend, and the trees should be starting to turn. I will have pics...oh and pics of Joleen's babies at the show!

Thanks for the compliment :)

Holly said...

Hey you! You've been tagged.....at my blog!

Unknown said...

Great pictures!