Friday, October 10, 2008

Another face

I know you all think I am a loon...and you're correct! I spent some time at the barn the other day looking at all the trees that are destined to fall across my paddock fence and cause me to have eight coronaries. There are some very interesting things on them (if you are a loon, and interested in that sort of thing). My mother always swore that I talked to fairies as a little kid. I don't know about that, but I certainly see things -in other things- that most people would never notice.

On this particular outing, I found a bunch of creepy-cool fungus. Fungus faces to be exact. I think this one looks like a viking, or a samurai warrior...or something.

Here is the other side. Looks like a witch to me.

This is the front. Just weird.

This is weird too. There is actually grass growing out of a knothole that is about nine feet above the ground.

And here is the resident impossibly huge grasshopper. They give me the creeps and this sucker was a good three inches long. Erk!

No comments: