Sunday, October 17, 2010

Is it good... or is it bad?

So I am sitting here minding my own business, surfing, playing borbs, and reading email. I check new mail and someone has sent me an email from youtube. I get one occasionally saying how cool the Baxman is. Of course, I already know he's cool, but confirmation from an outside source is always welcome :)

So anyways, this one is a bit different. It's from a guy in Mexico. He wants to know if the Baxman is for sale. Well, they say every horse is for sale. So, being the smartass that I am, I write him back and ask what he wants him for. He writes back and says to ride, have fun with, and breed to his mares. So I write him back and say that it would be really difficult to do that since he is a gelding. I told him how big he was, blah blah blah. So he writes back and asks how much. I smartassed back and said $200,000 cash US. :)

So he writes back (the other emails were in broken english - this time in spanish) and says basically that this is outrageous and he can't spend $200K on one horse. He does say however, that if it was $20K, he would buy him. Anyone who knows me very well knows that $20,000 is my buy it now price for the Baxman. So I thought about it, and wrote back and said I would take $25,000 cash US.

Some of my horsey friends think this is a scam. I don't know if it is or not. It does not have any of the usual things that scams have. Number one, I did not put him up for sale. Number two, he has not offered me some outrageous sum of money, with extra for his "shipper" or any of that nonsense. Third, I have checked out *his* youtube page, and he has some very nice horses, either Lusitanos or Andalusians. He apparently also breeds aztecas. So this guy has money, if he is for real.

I called the woman who bred Baxter. She knows that he is my heart horse. I told her about the exchange, and she said I should sell him. As much as I know I would bawl like a baby, I know she is right. $25,000.00. It's a stupid amount of money. Outside of our mortgage, we would be totally debt free with some left over. I have told other people in the past that they were stupid for turning down big sums of money for their horses. It really is a once in a lifetime offer (if it's legit) for someone like me. He could die tomorrow.

If it is legit, I am afraid Baxter will be moving to Mexico. I think I want to vomit.

No comments: