Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Anxiety

Talk about having an anxiety attack! My older sister called and asked me if I'd heard from my brother today. I told her no. It is not unusual that I do not hear from him. However, he is almost without fail, online every night. I had noticed he wasn't online tonight, but I didn't think too much of it. I tried to call him, but got no answer. He will almost always answer me, or call right back. So... I am getting a little anxious. My brother had a minor heart attack about a year ago, so it is not beyond possible that he could have another one. I decided to call his friend Annette and see if she'd heard from him. Well, she hadn't. Great, now I can't breathe. My DH said he would drive me over there, so I got my keys to my brother's place and off we went. I hate things like this because I have a very active imagination..... sheesh.

So we get there, and notice the dogs are oustide and not a light on anywhere. Not a good sign. I unlocked the back door. I was very careful to call out to him because he has a gun, and he won't hesitate to shoot someone breaking in to his house. As I went in, I was flipping on lights and calling his name. No answer. Damn it...now I am getting really scared. I got to his bedroom and saw what appeared to be someone on the bed. I called his name again and flipped on the light, and lo and behold! He's alive, and freaked out by the lights and people standing in his door! Apparently he changed shifts at work and didn't tell me. He usually tells me. Well don't I feel foolish.... Actually, I am glad he is alive, and that he did not shoot my ass. I scared the poor guy to death, but it sure wasn't any fun for me either. It sucks getting older, and worrying about something serious happening to someone you used to assume was out having fun with friends. Well, not this time. Yay!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

poor Camille! I am glad he is ok though.

Bet he remembers to tell you when he changes his shift next time!!!!

Lazy A Ranch said...

Scary... I am glad it all worked out.